Sunday 9 September 2012

The Helpful Me




2ndEntry: The Helpful Me

Hi, this is about my good attitude towards my family.

            During the preparation before the wrestling match in the New Yam Feastival, I helped my family members preparing food. When Nyowe’s mother, Nma, asked Ekwefi whether I could bring the fire in the broken pot to her or not, I immediately carry it to Nwoye’s mother. Not just that, I also offered Nma to make the fire for her. I went outside her hut to bring some sticks from a huge bundle of firewood to build fire.

            After I helped Nma, I went back again to Ekwefi to help her prepare the yams. I ran to the barn and brought back two yams from the dwarf wall. I helped her because at the wrestling match would begin soon and as the only child of her, it is my duty to do what she asked me to do.

            When it was our turn to serve food to my father, I helped Ekwefi to bring the pottage in a bowl to Okonkwo. While I was sitting near my father, I asked him whether he would go to see the wrestling or not. He said that he would go so I offered myself to bring his chair but my father refused because I am a girl and that was a boy’s job. Even though I wanted to help my father, I should know my limit and the difference of a girl and a boy’s job.

1 comment: