Sunday 9 September 2012

My Life As Crystal of Beauty


8thEntry: My Life As Crystal of Beauty
                    
My story continues ..

There’s been a death in Umuofia. Ezeudu was dead. He was a great man, so all the clan was at his funeral including my father. During the funeral, my father had accidentally shot Ezeudu’s 16 years old son. This caused us one family to flee to another land for seven years.

During the period, I grew up in my father’s exile and became one of the most beautiful girls in Mbanta, my father’s motherland. People called me Crystal of Beauty, as same as what my mother had been called in her youth. I feel very proud and happy when people says I’m beautiful.Many young men and rich middle-aged men of Mbanta wanted to marry me but my father said he would be happy if I marry in Umuofia when we return home. When my father said like that, I immediately knew that my father wanted me to marry with a man of authority in Umuofia to leverage his sociopolitical power. Since I love my father and I wanted to make him happy, I refused them all.

Besides that, my father ask me to explain to my younger sister, Obiageli. Since I wielded a strong influence towards her, I managed convinced my half-sister not to marry until we return. And so, both of us refused every offer of marriage in Mbanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment