Sunday 9 September 2012

My Father And I




6thEntry: My Father And I

Here I am, again.

            For this entry, I will share about my relationship with my father. I was my father’s favourite daughter. My father was a hot-tempered person. He has no patience and will get mad easily. But I know, deep inside him, he was a loving and caring person.

When I had fever, my father went into the bushes with his machete and collected leaves, grasses and barks for making medicine. He boiled them in a pot, and did not let it boil over. He then forced me to be steamed in the medicine, under a tent formed by a large mat. He held me down when I struggled to escape from the choking and overpowering steam. Even though he forced me, I could sense his love for me because he cares about me and he did not want me to get sick.

On the other hand, there’s a time when my father had been imprisoned and was going to be hanged, I broke my 28 days visit to the family of my future husband and returned home because I really worried about my father. But I was satisfied a bit when I heard that something was being done to help my father. As soon as I heard that my father would be free from the prison, I prepared some food for him because I care about his health. I know that he had no appetite but he still eat to please me. This shows how much he loves me and I should love him in that way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment