Sunday 9 September 2012

The Anxious Moment




4thEntry: The Anxious Moment

This is the time where my life and death was depending on Agbala..

As I started to tell story to Ekwefi, suddenly a loud voice from Chielo, priestess of Agbala was heard and it stopped me from continuing my story. When my name was mentioned by Chielo, I was really shocked and I could see Ekwefi’s face was very afraid. The Agbala wanted to meet me but my father pleaded the priestess to come back in the morning. I knew that my father was also worried about what the Agbala would do to me. However, Chielo insisted and my father could do nothing but to let her bring me to the Agbala.
           
Knowing that I would meet Agbala, I shivered and my tears dropped out all of a sudden. I was afraid that I would never see my family again if I follow the priestess. Before I climb to Agbala’s back, Ekwefi comforted me by saying there is nothing to be afraid of but as we walked out from my hut I was crying very loudly and calling my mother’s name. What made me so touched was when Ekwefi determined to follow us to make sure my safety.

Ekwefi was so pity. She suffered especially when she followed us in the dark forest because she could see nothing. My father was also worried about me and my mother, Ekwefi, so he followed Ekwefi. My parents’ action has portrayed their love for me that they were willingly to be in trouble just for my sake. I should treat them the way they have treated me to show that I also love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment